Does God Exist - Part II

The Sure Word of Bible Prophecy

My second reason for believing that God exists is Bible prophecy. A third of the Bible is prophecy: the recorded forecast of events due to take place on earth. Mankind is totally incapable of forecasting future events. Of the millions who do the lottery each week, not a single person is able to infallibly forecast the winning numbers. They may make an accurate guess once in a while; but guesswork is not knowing in advance. Guesswork is not prophecy. No one is able to predict the winning numbers week after week. Accurately forecasting the future of nations, towns and even individuals thousands of years before they appear on the stage of history is infinitely more difficult than forecasting lottery numbers.

 God's Prediction of the Future with stunning Accuracy

Yet Yahweh, the Almighty God of Abraham does just that with stunning regularity. The Bible contains many prophecies that are at this very moment coming true all over the world. See our Prophecy Page for examples. Literally hundreds of Bible prophecies have already come true and others await fulfillment in the very near future. This is irrefutable evidence that God, who inspired the Bible, does exist and that He reveals His secrets to His servants the prophets.
  • Daniel 2:28: “...There is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days.”
  • Amos 3:7: “Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.”
  • As Jesus said  - Mark 14: 49 “... The scriptures must be fulfilled.”


Personal Experience

My third reason for believing that God exists is personal experience. This reason is listed third in sequence, but it is by no means third in importance. It is every bit as important as the other two and, perhaps, even more so, because I have personally proved that Jesus  has lived up to every promise He ever made concerning those who put their faith in Him and His son. Since my baptism many years ago now, He has blessed me, beyond measure; far more than I have ever deserved. So I can personally say:
  • Jesus loves me: He sent His only begotten Son Yeshua to die for my sins.
  • Jesus  His promises, every one of them. I have never found them to fail.
  • Jesus answers prayer: not always as I wish, but always for my good.
  • Jesus is my Instructor, my Guide, my Saviour and my Friend.
  • Jesus's perfect law is proof positive that its author is God - not man.
  • Jesus's Word the Bible is further proof that God exists. The whole book is an absolute masterpiece.
  • Jesus is with me: a blessing impossible to describe.
As the old chorus says: “You ask me how I know He lives: He lives within my heart!”


Summary

All nature reveals the amazing handiwork of the Creator. Scientists, palaeontologists, geologists, astronomers, chemists, physicists, mathematicians, cosmologists, zoologists and physicians in their thousands are now rejecting the theory of evolution and are placing their faith in God. The theory of evolution is in very serious trouble as every new advance in science confirms special creation.
  •  “I have little hesitation in saying that a sickly pall now hangs over the big bang theory.”  (Sir Fred Hoyle, Aastronomer, Cosmologist, and Mathematician, Cambridge University)
  •  “The theory of evolution suffers from grave defects, which are more and more apparent as time advances. It can no longer square with practical scientific knowledge.” (Dr A Fleishmann, Zoologist Erlangen University)
  • “The only competing explanation for the order we all see in the biological world is the notion of Special Creation.” (Niles Eldridge, PhD., Palaeontologist and Evolutionist, American Museum of Natural History)


Bible Prophecy is proof of divine authorship. 

God alone is able to forecast events with such unerring accuracy. Bible prophecy is more reliable than eyesight. It is proof that God exists! Consider the Almighty's own words concerning prophecy and also king Nebuchadnezzar's admission to the prophet Daniel.
  • Isaiah 42:8: “I am the LORD: that is my name: (Yahweh) and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. 9: Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.”
  • Daniel 2:47: “The king answered Daniel, and said, Of a truth it is, that your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets...”
From my own personal experiences I can confirm that YAHWEH the Almighty God of Israel exists. Let me end with the words of Yahshua the Messiah, the Son of the Most High. Go ahead and take up his offer and let him reveal your heavenly Father to you! Then you will have no doubt, whatsoever, that God does exist.
  • Matthew 11: 27: “All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.28: Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29: Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30: For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Recommended Resources:    God Exists



No comments:

Post a Comment